Family and friends are important to a patient’s recovery. Below you’ll find our general visitor guidelines NMRMC follows guidelines and recommendations from the CDC, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and federal and state regulations. Due to the nature of COVID-19, these guidelines may change with little notice.
If you have questions, please call the unit or department ahead of your visit at 620-431-4000
- Preferred visiting hours are 6:00am – 8:00pm.
- The Emergency Entrance is open 24 hours a day.
- The East Entrance (Plummer Ave) is open weekdays 6:00 am - 6:00 pm.
- Other public entrances are open as posted.
- The BEST Cafe is open tfor dining-in or to-go orders 7:00 am - 7:00 pm.
GENERAL VISITING GUIDELINES
- Follow any masking requirements as posted.
- Check with nursing staff upon entering the unit.
- Follow all precautions as instructed by nursing staff or signage.
- Please do not visit hospital patients if you are ill, recently exposed, or have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Visitors are encouraged to remain at point of destination during their visit.
- Keep noise to a minimum to help maintain a healing environment.
A Patient's Right to Visitors
NMRMC upholds our patients' right to visitors of their choice. This right is outlined in the patient rights hand-out available at Registration.
In conjunction with the health care team, there may be times when the patient (or patient’s designated representative) may make visitation limits. Limitations are based on the best interest of the patient.
An adult should always accompany children while at NMRMC. Coordinate visits by children under 12 years of age with the patient’s nurse and the patient (or patient’s designated representative).
There are a variety of ways other than in-person visits for children to stay in touch with their loved ones including connecting by phone or electronic means, and sending notes or artwork.
Emergency & ICU Units:
Only two visitors should be allowed in the patient room at one time. (Exceptions may be made in end-of-life circumstances).
COVID-19 Patients (Inpatient Unit only)
Only two visitors per stay. We strongly encourage visitors of COVID-19 patients to connect by electronic means whenever possible. Children under age 12 are not allowed to visit COVID patients. Visitors of COVID-19 patients must comply with infection prevention measures and wear hospital-issued personal protective equipment (PPE). Hospital staff will provide instructions.
Preferred visitng hours for designated visitors of COVID-19 patients are 7 am - 9 am and 3 pm - 6 pm.
Unacceptable and/or Disruptive Behavior
Family or visitors may be asked to leave the premises if they become disruptive or interfere with the general comfort and care of the patients, visitors, or staff. Security and/or police will be notified to handle disruptive issues as needed.
Family or visitors may not use tobacco products or consume alcohol or illegal drugs while on the hospital campus.